Friday, 26 March 2010

LEVIATHAN RISES!

Hi!

Well I've had some great news! Theres a new version of Leviathan in the works!

John Robertson, creator of the original Leviathan wargame (along with Chronopia and a large list of other wargames) is working on a 10mm scale mass battle version along with Mark Brendan, the writer of the sadly unreleased Empire Chronopia.

There will be a completely new miniatures range to accompany it covering the Orcs, Elves, Dwarves and Barbarians with supplements covering new units and even new forces slated for release afterwards!

I will be interviewing John in a couple of weeks time on the new game along with a few other questions on his career and so on and have decided to ask you folks what questions you would ask him!

Please feel free to post any questions (relevant ones only please!) on the comments section of this entry and I will peruse them to see what I can steal!

I am getting a playtest version of the rules in a week or so and will be posting steady updates on the game itself and the development of the miniatures!

All the best!

4 comments:

  1. This is really good news. Hope John has the sense to use the Warmaster 40mm x 20mm base size that is now in common use beyond Warmaster in 10mm games...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll never be as good without the original game designer Neil Dunlop ;) (eh, me). Say hi to John from me please. And ask him where all the hair went ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great News! I'd be really keen on getting into this game, as long as the miniatures and rules were right. Although not exactly Leviathan related, when you run into John I'd love to know whether an errata sheet was ever produced for the Kryomek expansion Hivestone, as a lot of it is unplayable as written. And if so where I might find a copy?

    Keep going with the Blog - it's a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    Thanks for the suggestions thus far! The game is looking like its going to use 50mm round bases but we shall see how things develop (its not too difficult to use different bases I suspect!)

    I shall ask about Hivestone too but along with the Earthpower supplement for Leviathan I suspect that the errata or development work has been lost over the years.

    Neil Ive actually been trying to contact you since I set up the blog in the first place! I have lots of questions about the original Leviathan game, especially to see if you might have a copy of Earthpower kicking about and the points generation tables so I can get some new units worked on!

    Would you be able to give me an email with your email address so I can pester you about the original game?

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete