Friday, 16 April 2010

Leviathan Skirmish Inspirational Stuff!

Hi!

While perusing the Lead Adventure Forum I spotted THIS TOPIC

DonVoss, the poster has been rummaging through his lead mountain to find some suitable gangs for Song Of Blades and Heroes and has collected some rather unique forces.


Spider Cult by DonVoss

Theres several more forces on the topic which is well worth a peruse but I really like the Spider Cult! I have looked at SOBH before but found the rules to be slightly too simple. With a skirmish game I want to have a bit more depth but thats just my opinion as SOBH has received really good reviews and many folks really enjoy it.

This is just the sort of sized force I am hoping to collect and game with in the skirmish version of Leviathan and will be on the lookout for some more suitable characters for my Children of the Worm warband! Alas almost all my miniature pile has been sent up to Edinburgh to reside with my folks so I will be perusing the various manufacturers!

All the best!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see the old Leviathan game is getting a bit of a makeover. I bought some of the figures a few years ago for use in Warhammer, but have just been looking for an excuse to by some more ever since.
    Thinking of getting a copy of songs of blades and heroes to use with some for now.
    Can't wait for a 10mm version. Just hope you keep the monster figs suitably large.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Ive been a fan of the game since its first release but never got round to collecting any forces till recently!

    I am hoping to complete the rules that are missing over the course of the summer (namely magic, flyers and some general clarifications)

    In the meantime I am pondering converting to No Quarter as the free ruleset allows all sorts of interesting model conversions. I did try Song of Blades and Heroes but found it to be just a bit too simplistic for my tastes. I do love how its got all sorts of people coming up with really original forces though!

    The smaller scale should hopefully allow for some truly mammoth warbeasts!

    ReplyDelete