Monday, 10 May 2010

Almost Tumbleweedlike...

Hi!

Well I'm mid way through my deadlines for my university work so the site has been a tad quiet of late! Hopefully from next week I will be able to spend some time getting some content added!

I hope to get some playtest games of Levyathan in as well as spending a little time painting some bits and bobs (pictures will of course be added asap!)

While I am pondering the rules for the Earthpower supplement I am hoping to convert some forcelists for Wargames Unlimited's No Quarter fantasy ruleset. My thinking behind this is that I really want to get some new forces put together and I havent got a points calculator worked out yet for Leviathan so will go for an alternative one!

This conversion should allow me to bring in some interesting new opponents for my existing forces!

All the best!

2 comments:

  1. I haven’t checked back here in several months, so I had a lot of reading to catch up on. Glad to see you’re back in the game, Leutenant.

    I really like the direction you’re going with the warbands. It’s the same thing I’ve been doing lately – collecting smaller warbands of a dozen or so minis, rather than large armies of hundreds.

    If you’re still investigating Light Elf proxies, I highly recommend the Mirliton (ex-Grenadier) Fantasy Warriors Dark Elves: http://www.mirliton.it/index.php?cName=fantasy-2528mm-dark-elves

    They’re Mark Copplestone sculpts. There’s an elegance about them that seems to suit the Leviathan setting; they aren’t as blatantly evil looking as most Dark Elves. I can imagine them as High Elves who have been kicked around a bit, so they're a little edgier than they used to be when they were on top. Guerilla fighters with a better sense of style. Hah!

    Note that the Dark Elves and the Damned Elves on the linked page are by different sculptors. I don’t like the Damned Elves; they don't fit with Leviathan as well as the Dark Elves do.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I actually have some of those dark elves! I was planning on using them as an exiled court faction consisting of decadent nobles...

    The warband approach hopefully means that as of next week and the end of term I will be able to paint up several small units so I can get some gaming in (it will also mean I have some actual content on the blog rather than me bemoaning the fact I havent done much!)

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete