Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Wargaming An Apocalypse?

Hi!

While I've been pondering my Leviathan project I've been thinking of a way to represent the cataclysmic events of the surrounding lands of Aeroth.


Apocalyptic Vision

In Leviathan a magical seal has been broken by the elves causing the fallen princes to break free causing a literal hell on earth. The once green lands are now covered in polychromatic deserts and smouldering volcanoes, the cities shattered and crumbling ruins and the forests replaced with gigantic fungus growths that can spring up and vanish overnight.

This gives one a lot to work with scenery wise but getting decent rules for it may require a little extra work.

It also got me to thinking on other sorts of apocalypse that could feature in fantasy gaming ranging from meteor impact to ice age and all sorts of magical chaos. How does one represent them on the tabletop without bogging down the gameplay.

My curiosity has been well and truly piqued and I think I may have to have a go at getting some rules put together to represent these weird and not so wonderful events as they could add a lot of interest to the game, not to mention visual appeal!

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to contact me with ideas!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment