Tuesday, 28 December 2010

An Updated Map Introduction

Hi!

I've been thinking of updating the old Leviathan map with something that covers more of the lands of Aeroth. I was originally just going to go for a basic black and white linework one but spotted THIS POST over on Blease World which resulted in a rather nice city layout in 2mm scale:


Aegean Town in 2mm By Steve Blease

Further research resulted in this impressive piece by Eli over on I SEE LEAD PEOPLE:


Martian City By Eli Arndt

I am now thinking of using a somewhat simplified variation to represent the lands of Aeroth. Each city would have to be represented as a few buildings but it could look rather eye catching!

I think I would need to use a decent size of board to represent it but I am up for a bit of a challenge! I may have a dry run over on my OTHER BLOG to represent a sci-fi city to work out any kinks in the plan but we shall see how things develop!

All the best!

4 comments:

  1. The Games Workshop Mighty Empires hard styrene tiles might be the kind of thing you're looking for: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1050157&rootCatGameStyle=

    You can find it cheaper online, but make sure you get this version, with the plastic tiles, and not the first version, with carcboard tiles.

    Do a Google Image search for "mighty empires" to see a bunch of examples of what other gamers have done with these tiles.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I did consider mighty empires but it tends to be a bit pricy! I actually used to have a copy of the old cardboard version of the game!

    I am somewhat tempted to develop the 2mm style for a mini game using irregular miniatures stuff and a little miliput!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pricey, alright, there's no denying that.

    Hope you're having a great holiday!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    The Mighty Empires boards are fantastic looking but I am skint at the mo so will have to make do with a bit of creativity! I like the idea of the modular nature of them though! I may have to take a second look!

    I am indeed having a great holiday but must admit that I want to get on with some painting!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete