Monday, 31 January 2011

The Boar Company!

Hi!

Heres the finished painted models representing the Boar Company I sculpted in 15mm scale:

Boar Company

All in all I am really pleased with how they turned out! Theres some soft details and their size varies a little but the only thing I am not too sure about was the decision to make some of their swords out of plasticard. Maybe next time I will try doing it properly but I was in a bit of a rush to get them finished so I could use them in actual games!

I have four more in the sculpting process, three crossbowmen and a battle rager along with my first four orcs! Its all very exciting!

Soon I will be able to include pictures in my reports which is good news for everyone as its a bit more interesting than having to wade through lots of text!

I am thinking of expanding the Boar Company somewhat so they will have some cavalry too but I want to get the orcs out of the way first before I start getting carried away as I have a plan and want to try and stick to it!

Hopefully I will be able to get the orcs sorted out ASAP!

All the best!

10 comments:

  1. I think they turned out rather well. Nice Chronopia feel to them. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Thanks for the comments! I have a hankering to give Chronopia a go soon, especially as it originated from Leviathan and thought the Dark Tusks looked ideal for a frontier force for the usually high tech dwarves in Leviathan!

    I will be attempting some more Chronopia inspired stuff soon for my orcs and eventually the fallen!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool... any plans on casting those minis?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with the others, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have a lot of character, don't look too fat like many commercial dwarves and have painted up really well... Permission to look SMUG.

    Construction wise are you sculpting each miniature individually or have you premade certain aspects...shoulders, helmets weapons etc and then sculpting the connections/bodies?

    Looking forward to the Orcs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woops excuse the double post...

    Here's a link to an chronopia sculpting guide i don't know whether you've read it or if your even interested but information is always useful.

    http://www.kerlin.de/chronopia/img/downloads/sculpting_stalker.pdf

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!

    Thanks once again for the comments! They are really inspiring me to crack on with more sculpting!

    I do plan on releasing my own range at some point during the coming year once I have finished university but need to improve my sculpting skills first!

    I sculpt each bit individually but plan on eventually moulding my own bits and bobs which would speed up the process considerably!

    I saw the sculpting guide ages ago but forgot all about it! I shall have a peruse this evening!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, these are really great figs -- I love 'em! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What ho!

    Thanks for the comments!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete