Monday, 3 January 2011

Crucible: Conquest of the Final Realm

Hi!

I have been taking a peek at the blogs stats and it seems that a popular search is for Crucible, Conquest of the Final Realm, a game produced by FASA shortly before it ceased trading.

I have been a bit of a fan of the game since it came out and did plan on doing something with it as theres some really interesting rules and forces featured in it.

The Technomancer Guilders for my Leviathan project are somewhat inspired by the dwarven clans in Crucible who rely on all sorts of technology to aid them in battle and several of the figures I have ordered from Spirit Games are from the range so I will write a bit of a review of the game itself along with the forces when I get chance!

All the best!

5 comments:

  1. There was a game I always wanted to try as the miniatures looked so cool. To bad it was never really given a chance. Ral Partha Europe carries the range as well if Spirit games doesn't have what you need. Please give a review when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    It is actually really good and is one of the few fantasy games where different formations can be used to good effect and the forces and available miniatures are great fun!

    I will try and get a review up ASAP!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to see if the rights were available as I am really keen to see it re-released but theres no reply from Ral Partha Europe and according to Iron Wind Metals, the owner of the game either died or the rights passed on to the head of a computer games firm.

    Either way I just cant get hold of anyone who can help at present!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris Bledsoe was the author and unfortunately passed away from cancer back around '02. Worked on Warzone and maybe Chronopia I believe. Crucible the game was released through FASA and when they closed I beleive the rights went to Jordan Wiesmen(sp?) Who did Mage knight and recently I believe did Arcane Legions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!

    I have been onto the Arcane Legions website and sent off a request to get his contact details!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete