Monday, 31 January 2011

Interesting Developments!

Hi!

Well I have been really enjoying how my Leviathan project has been developing over the course of the last month or so. It seems to have developed from a fairly simple fan project into something somewhat unexpected!

I have played three games in a week, sculpted and painted more in a month than I did in a whole year and generally had a lot more fun with my hobby. To top it off I have posted more updates in a month than much of last year!

As for the rest of the year, I plan on continuing apace with regular battle reports, painted miniatures and reviews of all sorts of wargames!

This is still primarily a blog dedicated to Leviathan as I really love the setting and feel that there is so much scope to develop it! Although I may be using different rulesets, the action will take place in Aeroth and new factions, forces, locations and monsters will be added as time allows! For example, I need to get 15mm representations of my Technomancers done, followed by Steppe Orcs but also plan on sculpting some assorted bits and bobs that will see action in games ranging from skirmishes to massive battles!

I will be adding another update in the morning featuring the rogue spellcaster I sculpted who will be facing off against the Boar Company in a forthcoming border skirmish but more details on that in the morning!

All the best!

4 comments:

  1. This is brilliant.

    I seriously don't understand how you can sculpt something just to paint over though?
    I get such a great feeling when I finish a sculpt, that I know will be sold eventually in metal to lots of different people!

    Your sculpts look fantastic though, so keep up the good work.

    I've had a similar month, more painting than I did last year probably. Very fun and energetic.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    At present I am too poor to buy any miniatures so am saving pennies by making my own! I know I should have a go at flogging them, and it may well get to that point over the coming month!

    I did see the 15mm.co.uk sculpty thingy but would prefer to get some pennies for my work! A bit mercenary I know but I need to earn some extra income to help with uni costs!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya

    Pennies are nice, but at the moment you have some truly original and unique miniatures... if you take the mercenary route they will simply become the Originals. Besides they won't reach there full value till the Artist is Dead and they are OOP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    I am planning on getting some stuff cast up so worry not! These are more of a dry run to get the hang of how to sculpt stuff in a small scale as the existing stuff is to be honest not of a standard that I would be willing to spend money on casting, or as a customer buying!

    Another thing to bear in mind with what I have done so far is that most of it is form an existing IP. Admittedly its not currently in print but Chronopia still has an owner who may be less than chuffed to see me trying to sell stuff thats suspiciously similar to theirs. As they are one off sculpts, I think I am ok with them but if I were to cast them I may get in a spot of bother!

    Worry not though as I am going to sculpt a far better range, inspired by several games that I like but original enough to avoid legal entanglements!

    I have a sneaking suspicion that for each sculpt I make for casting, I will have one or two test pieces and experiments which will in time get painted up and added to the blog!

    There will be a mix of the traditional fantasy races, but with an original spin to them.

    I have actually just sent off an email asking for some more info on the 15mm.co.uk range so we shall see how things go!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete