Tuesday, 25 January 2011

What Rules!

Hi!

I was wondering what rulesets people would like reviewed and playtested with 6mm or 15mm scale?

I already have quite a list to work through but am more that happy to have a go at any others that people can think of!

For example I am also expanding the search for rules into the sci-fi area and will be trying out games like VOR, Aetherverse, Savage Worlds, Fantastic Worlds and Star Mogul. What are you doing you may say as these will play very differently from a fantasy game!

The reason I want to give them a go is that Leviathan has some advanced technology, it just happens to be magical in nature.

Using Star Mogul as an example, the dwarves could easily be formed into a salvage team, their wargolem taking the place of a robot. I think this could make for some interesting games and am keen to give it a try!

Anyhoo! I am off to get some work done!

All the best!

Richard

4 comments:

  1. USE ME 15mm Fantasy and Darkestorme would both be great!

    I picked up a few of the fantasy games you have showed us (Crucible, Raven and Chronopia) for a £1 a-piece and I'm very annoyed that the shop also has Leviathan for £1, after I paid £8 for it in Spirit Games!!! Haha!

    Ahh well

    Cheers
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes Raven!

    I had that ruleset years ago but sold it!

    It had some real possibilities but was really badly written and explained. I still want to re-aquire it and any other rule sets I can find!

    What does USE ME and Darkstorme play like? I may be forced to pick up a copy of them! What shop was it selling them from a pound!!!

    I have also perused the free wargames downloads site for any other possibilities and have got a couple of nice simple ones that may be worth a go!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. USE ME and Darkstorme are both simplistic sets of rules, USE ME has become quite popular, because of it's low price £3.50...

    USE ME is a mass battle game (unlike USE ME sci fi) and Darkstorme is skirmish.

    Waylands forge have 2 copies of leviathan for £1 each, along with all the other games I picked up. They had lots of warzone books, but I decided against those!

    Cheers
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... I may have to nip in and take a look!

    Warzone is a really great game but difficult to get the miniatures for these days!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete