Sunday, 3 April 2011

Terrain Inspiration!

Hi!

I just spotted THIS topic over on Haarkens blog and think it would make a fantastic scenic addition to my Leviathan project!

Floating Islands by Haarkan

Its been used in films like Avatar and Dragon Hunters and could make for a really interesting game. Imagine the whole board consisting of a series of such islands slowly drifting randomly, sometimes bumping into each other or floating off the board entirely! It would make for a really interesting game with the forces trying to navigate the islands.

I may have to give it a go once I have some time!

All the best!

4 comments:

  1. Heya

    Go for it... ( well finish your commisions 1st, but then go for it!)

    Thanks for drawing my attention to the original article, i've been there a bit but most of missed it - repeatedly :)

    As of now... well maybe 5 mins ago... i'm officially stealing the idea via a minor twist for my games table.

    I'd love to see what you can make of it...especially if there happens to be some flying ships and dragons in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I do like the idea of using floating terrain and cant wait to see what you come up with!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad my terrain inspired you, I would love to see what you could do with the idea. As much as I liked it the peice proved to be too small for 6mm VSF project so I may have to revisit it in the future.

    Haarken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    Its a really inspiring terrain piece and could well be perfect for use in games of several different scales!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete