Sunday, 10 July 2011

Orc Wartower and Assorted Gubbins

Hi!

Heres a couple of pictures of the concept sculpt I did for the Orc Carnosaur:


Orc Carnosaur

It was a bit of a learning process as I had to keep in mind I would be making it to cast but it turned out alright. I will now attempt to make a naked (ie no harness or howdah) sculpt for each of the Orc Warbeasts which I will then cast a couple of copies of and use them as dollies for the final models. These will then be moulded once more and the resulting pieces will be ready to go!

I also finished off a few more Orcs in the form of a Ghost Warrior, a Shaman and a warrior:

Orc Ghost Warrior, Shaman and Warrior

This will round out my Orc force nicely and I will be trying it out against my Dwarves in a Leviathan skirmish game soon.

Finally I sculpted up a trio of Children of the Moon so my warband had some nice heavies:

Children of the Moon

I made an Alpha pack leader and two pack members. They are pretty huge, standing twice the height of a human. I am fairly pleased with the sculpts but think I still need to work on getting the look right in future!

I will be trying to get them painted soon as well so my Children of the Moon warband can have another outing!

All the best!

6 comments:

  1. Really dig the Lesser Goblin Howdah on that carnosaurs. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and dont forget to get a pic of the orcs standing next to the Carnosaur for scale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good... you've really nailed the orcs can't wait to see them finished and painted up in all there glory.

    Would be nice to see some goblin cavalry, i don't think the 28mm releases ever did the original artwork real justice... maybe in 15mm :)

    Happy playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    Hopefully I will get chance to finish them and get them all painted soon!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you planning to cast Carnosaur? If yes, where can we buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want those werewolves. Badly...

    ReplyDelete