Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Hobby Musings!

Hi!

Well I've had a bit of a think about what I want to do with my hobby. I've decided that for the time being I am going to hold onto my miniatures as folks have already pointed out I am sure that I will regret it in the not too distant future, something I must admit I have found before much to my chagrin!

I still need to reorganise my projects and rethink where I'm going with them but initially I am going to investigate the following:

Fantasy: 28mm scale

I think I am going to just continue painting up what I have and enjoying it! I don't know what setting I will use, if any, but I do enjoy painting larger scale stuff. Big resin war beasts and stuff is going to be mothballed for the moment as I just don't have the space for it so it's going into a box for some future time when I can get back to it!

Fantasy: 15mm scale

Leviathan is going to continue getting some love in this scale but I also want to develop my own range of figures so a new setting is being developed!

Sci-Fi

I've got a fair amout of bits and bobs kicking around for sci-fi and it's a bit all over the place at present and I think I will be working on some Stainless Steel Rat stuff from time to time as I love the setting so much and spent many a happy hour playing scenarios. I also have the void stuff to finish but it may also be taking a back seat for the foreseeable future so I can concentrate on my other projects!

It's been rather cathartic to sit down and actually think about what I am going to do with my hobby. I think tomorrow I am going to go through my miniatures to see what I want to keep handy and what will b getting boxed up and put out of mind for the moment!

All the best!

2 comments:

  1. I recently decided to cut down on some scales/eras, and to be honest I don't miss the stuff I swapped for more useful stuff, but then again, I have so many scales/eras still going that its still ridiculous, good luck with what ever you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw 15mm as the future back in the days when all that was available were Mike's Models and early imperial minifigs. Things are much better now. It certainly simplifies things when the answer is 15mm now what's the era? It also cuts down the storage problem and the cost. The lack of decent fantasy models has been addressed now Demonworld are back in production other than that I haven't found a problem with 15mm.

    ReplyDelete