Thursday, 21 March 2013

Wargolem Part 1

Hi!

Heres a quick peek at something I'm working on for my Dwarf force!

Wargolem!

Its a bit of a hodgepodge of different models with some shoulders which I've made from Milliput, Greenstuff and Procreate. Theres still quite a lot to do before I get to the painting stage but I thought it was high time for me to actually get on with some big resin stuff!

The model consists of the MkII Black Thunder body and legs along with the MkI Wargolem arms. The mace hand has been cut off, pinned and reposed to give it a slightly more dynamic pose and most of the casts irregularities such as small air bubbles and mould lines have been removed too.

The right shoulder still needs a lot of work and the left needs more studs and spikes adding and I am thinking of adding some large pieces of scale mail to make it more closely match the original concept art. 

The reason I decided to do this project is that the MkI Wargolem kit I had was rather badly miscast and was covered in mould lines where the mould had been mis-alaigned which would have resulted in having to clean up a considerable amount of resin, something I really wanted to avoid as its not unlike trying to chip off rock and even my dremel would have struggled!

Hopefully by this time next week I will have him primed and ready to paint and will post another update then!

In the meantime all the best!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool kitbash. Looking forward to seeing it painted.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete